Wakeboarding – what are the benefits for kitesurfing?
There are days in Thailand when the wind is light and heavy riders do not have enough power to safely ride the kite, but we can keep on learning getting up on the board, edging and even jumping!
The thing is that there’s a wake park in our Thai village Pak Nam Pran!
Although the park is small, we really like it.
There are two reversible cables in the wake park with the bar in between. All equipment and a small training are included in the cost of riding.
The price for riding in a wake in Pak Nam Nam:
- 1 hour – 400 baht (at least two sets. If you’re lucky and there’re few people, then you will be able to ride more)
- 2 hours – 600 baht (at least three sets. If you’re lucky and there’re few people, then you will be able to ride more)
Every time we come to Wake Park for a new portion of knowledge and sensations.
Program of the wakeboarding lesson:
- short theory
- training of getting up on the board
- training of the proper wakeboarding stance
- setting up all equipment (helmet, vest, board), checking the radio communication
- training of getting up on the board in the water (performed by the student)
- training of the proper stance via walkie-talkie while riding
- turning training
- start in switch stance
- turning in a kiteboarding way (with front leg switching)
Wakeboarding lessons are very helpful for kite-beginners, because they help to get up on the board faster, practice the stop and turning.